Ecology is holding a 45-day public comment period regarding a proposed a modification to the Hanford Facility Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Permit, Dangerous Waste Portion, Revision 8C, for the Treatment, Storage, and Disposal of Dangerous Waste (Site-wide Permit). This modification affects units at the T Plant and the Central Waste Complex (CWC).
The proposed modification is to close the seven container storage areas listed below. The units are going into the Site-wide Permit Part V, as Closure Unit Groups.
• T Plant 277-T Building, Closure Unit Group 27
• T Plant 277-T Outdoor Storage Area, Closure Unit Group 28
• T Plant 271-T Cage, Closure Unit Group 29
• T Plant 211-T Pad, Closure Unit Group 30
• T Plant 221-T Sand Filter Pad, Closure Unit Group 37
• CWC 2401-W Waste Storage Building, Closure Unit Group 39
• T Plant 221-T Railroad Cut, Closure Unit Group 41